This post is sponsored by Sportsbetting.com, our favorite online sportsbook.
I watched a lot of sports this weekend, but nothing jumped out as deserving its own post. So you know what that means, more bullet points!
- Washington was very close to a major sports meltdown on Saturday if the Caps had gone down 0-2 to the Canadiens.
- Caps fans are normally a bit more well-adjusted than the rest of the DC sports scene, but expectations are so high this year that an 0-2 deficit would have been a disaster.
- You could see the fans in the stands starting to rationalize away the season when they were down 4-1. “I knew this would happen! They always choke in the playoffs!”
- The Caps still have to win another 11 games to make the Stanley Cup Finals and have the season not be a complete disappointment.
F1 in China
- Even with a little bit of rain, the Chinese GP didn’t live up to the last two races.
- McLaren looked very strong, but some of that was due to a great call by Button to stay on dry tires early in the race.
- Hamilton also looked very quick, maybe he’s breaking out of his early-season funk.
- I still think Vettel is the favorite to win the drivers’ championship.
- The new pit reporter on Speed, Will Buxton, isn’t nearly as good as Peter Windsor. Hopefully he’ll improve with time, but he looked very uncomfortable on camera.
- It took a season where the Blue Jays are under .500, but the Terps finally beat Johns Hopkins.
- I was screaming at the television about Maryland’s time-killing strategy at the end of the game. Instead of getting some insurance goals, they tried to eat clock and ended up letting Hopkins back into the game.
- Now the ACC Tournament and the NCAA Tournament will really test the Terps. They haven’t had great success against the best teams in the country, but now they have a chance to get some wins when it really counts.
- Dave Pietramala looks like an asshole, doesn’t he? I’m sure he’s a great coach and all, but I wouldn’t want to play for him.